Best alternative medicine practices for onychomycosis
Many sufferers of nail fungal infection have a hard time curing the disease. Onychomycosis can affect any part of the nail, from the nail bed to its matrix and even the plate. The shape and texture are changed, and sometimes the fungus causes disfigurement and functional impairment. Did you know that you can eliminate the infection naturally? Discover the best alternative medicine practices for onychomycosis.
A short list of alternative medicine practices
Thousands of years ago, our ancestors knew how to use nature and herbs to enhance their overall health. They chewed or applied the leaves directly on the affected area to soothe pain or cure diseases. Nowadays, we have several different practices that help us to get well in the most trying of times. Here are some alternative medicine techniques you should know about.
- Homeopathy (or allopathic medicine) – is based on the idea “like cures like.” When a factor diminishes your immunity, use a small quantity of the same ingredient to boost the immune response. Nitricum Acidum is a homeopathic remedy used to boost the immunity and treat nail fungal infection.
- Complementary medicine – is used along functional medical treatment and is believed to potentiate the effects of the prescribed antifungal pills. Sometimes people try apitherapy, Ayurvedic cures, or others.
- Holistic therapy – is based on the idea that there’s a body, mind, and spirit connection. When one of the elements is affected, the individual gets sick. Herbs, mineral, and animal products are included in supplements’ composition to repair the natural balance in the body and improve the overall well-being.
- Apitherapy – promotes the use of honey bee products (honey, pollen, propolis, bee bread, venom, royal jelly). Did you know that a mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar will heal onychomycosis naturally?
- Traditional medicine (Ayurveda, Chinese, etc.) – our ancestors’ wisdom has been encompassed here. If Ayurveda remedies have historical roots in the Indian subcontinent, the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has a foundation of more than 2,500 years of Chinese medical practice.
- Herbalism – close related to phytotherapy – involves using plants and herbal extracts for therapeutic purposes. In Africa, over 80% of the population relies on herbalism and traditional medicine as primary health care.
Best natural remedies for onychomycosis
Numerous alternative medicine theories recommend the use of natural products to treat the nail fungal infection. Are your toenails yellow and thickened? Mix some baking soda with apple cider vinegar and apply the paste on your toenails. Several drops of essential oils (tea tree, lavender, oregano, orange, lemongrass) will work wonders. The natural remedies were long time tested on humans – there's evidence dating back to hundreds of years ago.
The best alternative medicine practices for onychomycosis will support you to boost the nail health and regain your confidence, as well. Could you stay 30 minutes with tea tree oil on your nails? Are you willing to use turmeric powder and water to eliminate the onychomycosis symptoms? Rely on alternative therapies, and you will soon restore the overall wellness.